$1000 Innovative Grant
Loveday Foundation $1000 Grant For Innovation Teachers


The Board of Trustees of the Loveday Foundation in cooperation with the Georgia Independent School Association has voted to award three (3) separate $1,000 grants in the Fall of each year to a teacher or group of teachers in an association member school. These grants will be based on a creative, innovative, and original project to promote innovative activities to motivate students and to improve the teaching and learning process.

The procedures for applications and other details pertaining to this grant follow. Teachers should be planning now to develop a creative project they wish to apply for at that time. Please distribute this announcement to all potentially interested faculty in your school.

An innovative project is one that places the emphasis on the students and not the teachers. It should contain original and innovative ideas; should involve significant numbers of students; and it should have an impact which continues over time.

An innovative project is not one which has as its main focus teacher advancement, travel, or a teacher’s course of study.


Submit written proposal by October 14, 2011. This proposal must be in detail listing all participants, procedures or process to be followed, goal, final evaluation and, must contain Principal’s or Headmaster’s signature of approval.

A. APPLICATION: Proposal must be general, original, unique, demonstrate creativity, involve risk-taking, and possess a visionary quality. The proposed project should promote innovative activities to motivate and benefit significant numbers of students. All proposals must be typewritten or completed on a word processor. The application must be completely filled out for the project to be considered.

Click Here for an Application.

B. ELIGIBILITY: The teacher submitting the application must be a classroom instructor who is in daily contact with the students who will be participating in the project. Applications must be submitted by an individual teacher; however, a group of teachers and/or students may be involved in the project. Only one application can be submitted per teacher. A maximum of three applications may be submitted from any one school.

C. LENGTH: Project can be conducted anytime during the current school year, summer, or within one calendar year of the date of grant. Additional consideration will be given to projects designed to have a lasting effect.

D. BUDGET: Cost cannot exceed the value of the grant, except if the school adds to the funding. All projected costs of every sort must be itemized and included with the proposals. 20% of the grant may be used as a stipend for the grantee. Other costs and expenses may be charged to the remaining 80%.

E. JUDGING: Evaluations will be conducted by the GISA Teacher Services Committee. Judges will evaluate proposal on basis of originality, creativeness, attainable goals, as well as benefits as projected. Deadline for submission is October 14, 2011. Decision of judges shall be final. Notifications will be mailed in mid-to-late November.

F. EVALUATION: Upon completion of the project, grantee will submit a detailed written report evaluating the project and listing final expenses. This report must be submitted in writing to the GISA Executive Director within thirty days following the completion date of the project.